I WROTE THIS LIKE PROBABLY TWELVE DAYS AGO. I DIDN'T POST IT. GUESS I WILL NOW. OOPS.
I swear I still do things and go places and think about stuff. I just do it so much that I don't take time to write about it. Or I get sick and do nothing but play TextTwist for a week.
So, what is happening in my pretty life and this pretty city?
Over at Omaha Bikes they've been blogging updates about the National Bike Summit, and it sounds like some people from Omaha are working pretty hard to advocate for safe cycling, which is pretty great. I'll be excited to hear more about what ideas they came home with.
This week was also the exciting launch of Google Bike Maps, which is going to be a great tool. I used it today to help plan the first ride I've been on in a long time.
Most of my trips lately have been on the bus or in friends' cars. We are however above freezing now and spring is practically here, so walking and biking are the new wave of the future. I can even see the sidewalks.
As I mentioned, I did finally get on my bike today. I rode over to Lisa's Radial Cafe to meet my sister for some eats, and honestly, it was not a terribly pleasant ride. It's not far, but I failed to cover my ears and I still feel slightly less than 100% great after being sick, and it just didn't make me happy. She ended up bringing me and my bike home in the truck because I wasn't up for the return trip. When the sunshine comes and my sickness has fully departed, things will be better.
Going over to the Community Bike Shop tonight to see what's up, learn some stuff, and find out how my ladies can get some bikes on the cheap. It'll be a magical evening.
THERE WAS PROBABLY MORE I INTENDED TO WRITE, BUT THAT WAS ALMOST TWO WEEKS AGO SO HERE YOU GO.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment