Omaha is so pretty today. The weather is beautiful, and I love just about everything.
This morning I got up BEFORE NOON ON A DAY I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK to go for a bike ride downtown with my friend Bryce. I was a little skeptical, but let me tell you, I loved it! I stopped in at Greenstreet Cycles to get some degreaser/lube for my chains so that I'm ready for another, EVEN EARLIER ride tomorrow, Lady-Style. LOOK AT ME GO, PEOPLE! This Tuesday morning also marked my first time biking to work. I am such a serious cyclist this week. Put me in racing shorts, baby, I'm so ready! No. I will almost certainly never wear racing gear. Do celebrate my minor accomplishments with me, though.
Other great things about My-Life-In-Omaha:
I've been cooking with friends almost every day for the past week or two. We've made some tasty meals and it's been cheap and fun. This is the best way to eat, and the best way to cook. Oh, togetherness! How nice.
Sunshine. Lots of it. Vitamin E. Finally.
I've been slowly starting to get a handle on the idea of getting organized and ridding myself of a lot of the junk that I seem to have around. The work really requires baby steps right now, but any progress is good.
My sister and brother-in-law have ordered seeds, tilled soil, and put up fencing for the vegetable garden we're planting in their yard. I can't wait to get my hands in that dirt and watch things grow. Things that will feed me and my friends and family.
Basically, Spring is here, and everything feels a little easier. Everyone around me seems to be anticipating a fulfilling summer and it's exciting. Things that are difficult in the snow seem less crushing in the sun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Have fun tomorrow I am riding also just not with you guys on your sexist ride. The dirt is waiting.
ReplyDelete