Last night, my friend Shannon and I went down to Bemis to listen to James Woodfill's process talk about the show that opens there next weekend. We loved every minute of it! From the first time he said the words "urban settings," to the last time he mentioned the influence of constructivist painters, we were all about this dude. He was smart and down to earth and spoke about his work well. He had an interesting perspective and a good attitude. Plus we were really proud of ourselves for actually getting down there to listen since we both plan to go to these things all the time but somehow don't end up following through. I can't wait to get back there for the opening and see how the room has changed.
After Bemis, we picked up the lovely Kara and ventured all the way out to my mother's studio so that she and Shannon could meet and discuss the possibility of using that space to put on some life painting classes. I'm excited to see where this goes and how I can help.
There was a post-art feast at my house with bok choy fried rice, and I went to sleep happy. Yay for art nights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment