Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Everything a Weekend Should Be

This past weekend held all sorts of excitement for me.

Friday night I went to a late birthday gathering for a good friend. There were games, cookies, wine, coffee, chocolate, SoCo-soaked cherries, and generally high spirits: A fairly solid recipe for success, and it worked. I biked the two miles over and found that it was surprisingly easy and fun considering the fact that I have hardly ridden at all in a long time combined with the existence of a few hills along the way. On the way home I was surprised by a whole bunch of rain, which was somewhat problematic, but didn't stop me. I was wearing jeans and far-from-waterproof jacket and shoes. Woops. Also, I could use some tips for wearing glasses in the rain and still being able to see anything at all. Getting on a bike again felt great and was definitely encouraging. It's easy to forget about the fun parts when you're not out there doing something for a while.

Saturday brought even more adventure. I joined Cate on an excursion to New Life Thrift in Bellevue, which is maybe the best thrift store in the general metro area, and where we each got 20% off our purchases because it was after 6 p.m. Buying a shirt that only costs $0.95 to start with and getting an extra discount feels a lot like winning.

That evening was the Nana Grizol, Street Lethal (Pixies Covers), and Max Levine Ensemble show at Brothers. I went and had myself quite a good old time. The after party was a little ridiculous, but fun. I found myself telling jokes about refrigerators in an igloo with a bunch of people I'd never met, which can't be a bad thing.

Mom picked me up on Sunday to go see the Emerging Artists show at the Artists' Co-op downtown. We saw a lot of interesting work, and we ate at La Buvette after. This is the best possible thing that I probably could have done that day. I wish every Sunday was like that.

There has been so much going on that I want to talk about. More writing, more often! Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment