Sure, we've had insane snowfall and extreme windchill this winter, but now things are not so bad. The temperature and windchill have returned to respectable levels and we can be outdoors for more than ten minutes before getting frostbite. It's really kind of nice. Maybe nice enough that a capable young person would want to walk to work rather than waiting around at a bus stop.
Yesterday I made this mistake, thinking that it would be a great way to start my day since walking and riding the bus would ultimately take about the same time with transfers and all. It's a bit of a walk, but in decent weather and good health it should be no problem. I saw my error shortly after heading out, but it was too late to turn back. I'd missed my bus, and half the sidewalks were still buried or blocked by snow. Plus I still feel kind of like crap from the accident, but it didn't really set in that day until I'd already gone too far.
When I finally completed my challenging journey I had to apologize to my coworkers for being a little upset. I told them, "I try not to get angry, because rage is for people with cars, but there are some piles of snow that are too high for even me to climb."
Omaha, please, don't make me walk in the road down busy streets. All I want is to see the sidewalks again, and to be able to use them without climbing over huge plow piles at the corners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment